User talk:Crazy Quebecer
From GMod Wiki
RE to editing pages
First of all, it wasn't even created, so I took it upon myself to create the page, to the extents of my knowledge on the subject. Second of all, I did not mention anything about running lua scripts. Finally, your description on there makes no sense. You might want to fix that part.
- Please don't try to play smart.. A page with no useful content or that is simply wrong is worse then having no page, the version you put up had this in the description : A console command that allows you to run any lua script. See for yourself.
- And for the description I put I don't see what's wrong with it since it's exactly what the console command does. --Crazy Quebecer 02:34, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
- Ah, my bad, guess I forgot to change the description from the template I copied. In the description you have, do you mean "Clears the cookies set by lua on the client"? I think you might also want to describe what an lua cookie is, so people like me know what exactly we're clearing. --Tgp1994 03:44, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
My main point was that creating a page so that people can fill it in is actually doing the exact opposite. If it doesn't exist but is linked to people will see that information on that subject is missing, if the page does exist but has no content then you'll have to wait until someone finds it.. And chances are that persons looking for that page won't know how to fill it in. --Crazy Quebecer 03:54, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
- Ok, so I'll create links in the future then. How about my other question? --Tgp1994 04:00, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Something's messed up with this wiki software
Weird, it says you edited a page I was monitoring at two in the morning today, but nothing has changed in it. Odd. --Tgp1994 21:00, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Edited an LUA article
I suppose you'll want to check it out...
Oh, you don't want to be on there? What we both did was pretty important, especially for people like me who are still learning the ropes of lua.
Wiki multiple languages
For the wiki it is better to put in multiple languages. For what to redo the wiki in another language would be impossible, so he'd have access to the article in English and are translated to the language available. --Informatixa 00:07, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
I agree that the templates like Template:Deletion and Template:Merge are very large. However I don't think in the specific instance of Lua Tutorial Series it made much difference, since that's more or less a TOC anyways. Anyways I suppose I could look up smaller templates (Like Wikipedia current templates- very concise) to make them smaller. Basically: Do you think we should try to make the Category: Page Templates smaller? KnowledgeJunkie 04:46, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- Well I was more opposed to having it on a page that looked perfectly fine. There should be a balance between having the page still look attractive and displaying these notifications. Maybe it could be in the style of CatUp but on the left side as a collapsed table with more information available inside.--Crazy Quebecer 13:15, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
- I have created a new page format experiment (veiwable at User:SorryForN00B/Format). If implimented, the "Page Details" section could be streamlined to include a table template with all possible problems, with simple "yes" or "no" options for each. That way it would be more neat and tidy, and not clutter the top of the article. I'd love to hear your views! SorryForN00B 00:08, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
- I really like what I've seen you do with the template so far, though I'm not a really huge fan of moving the Article template at the bottom of the page.--Crazy Quebecer 23:52, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
Reply from my user page
"What's up with all of these pages you keep on adding to your name? They're not linked anywhere I can see and don't even seem related to Garry's Mod. I'm just puzzled. --Crazy Quebecer 05:07, 14 August 2010 (UTC)"
- I'm not sure whether you want me to reply here or in my own user page. The reason for those pages is that they were basically notes on things I was making in wiremod at the time... The reasons for putting my notes on the wiki are: 1) I can access them from any computer, and 2) some pages are to show my IRL friends who are interested in the stuff I've made in Wiremod. If it's annoying or anything, I'll stop doing that, though. Immibis 06:44, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
EDITED Libintia 15:27, 11 September 2010 (UTC)
New Main Page
- Note 1 : This is the NOT final version, if you like the "GARRY's MOD WIKI....", and "INTERESTED IN CONTRIBUTING..." text, it can be brought back,
- or if for some reason you don't like it at all I'll just drop it. cause i don't wanna get a nervous breakdown :P.
- Note 2 : If you're wondering what Main_Page_Lab is? visit it's discussion section.
I'll appreciate any negative or positive feedback.
thanks for your time.
- See, this being a wiki I'm not sure it would fit very well. To be honest I don't think any modern website could do with having a design like that. If anything the one we have should be made more formal and informative. --Crazy Quebecer 21:36, 4 September 2010 (UTC)